I love the color orange. Still, I had trouble coming up with a project for the 2nd Iron Craft challenge of the year.
The idea came to me when I was...ahem...in the bathroom. Just taking a leak, mind you. It was nighttime and the room looked gloomy. There is lots of color in the bathroom, lots of blue and green, but nothing that really pops. I knew I could do something about that. I had the extra challenge of time. Lotus Bud and I are leaving town to visit her Grandparents in Florida so I knew I had to complete my project and complete my post before leaving or else.
Limited by time and supplies, I decided to embroider a little orange flower on to one of the bathroom hand towels. I'm interested in embroidery and I have done a couple of stitched projects for Iron Craft in the past (here and here - please go and look because I think they are pretty amazing).
I had plenty of orange floss, but I couldn't find my hoop so I decided to just freehand it. I was totally inspired by these flowers. Of course there were quite a few false starts. I pulled all the green and started over with a lighter shade.
Three stitches: straight stitch, backstitch and french knots. Just basic stuff with big results.
The finished towel really brightened up this corner of the bathroom.
I want to try my hand at some more embroidery. I'm thankful for Iron Craft because I get challenged to try something new. This time around I learned that I don't necessarily need to go big. I can try a technique on something little, just like this towel.