Ok. Here I am.
|All the snowy paths lead to warmth|
I'm breathing a sigh of relief that 2016 has ended. I'm sure there are a lot of people feeling the same way. It had been a tough year. But still. It was hard for me to wrap my mind around all the troubles throughout this country and the world when I had so much death within my own little world. It's strange to think about living a new way of living that unexpectedly came my way when my mother died.
I spent the last two months just waiting for the year to end.
But now that 2017 is here I'm faced with living this new way of living that I actually have to LIVE. 2017 is so new and fresh and full of possibility.
And I'm trying my damnedest to refresh as well and think of all the new opportunities while at the same time honoring the grief I still feel.
It is tempting to scrap this blog. Blogging has evolved beyond me now but I do still enjoy keeping a scattered record of ordinary life.
Today is the last day of Winter Break. Tomorrow my family resumes all those things we ignored for two weeks. Even though my house is clean (a good way to start!) I'm not sure if I'm ready to be alone here and so, the lists begin.
Things to look forward to at the beginning of 2017:
1. I'm taking a 10-day trip to India. I haven't been there in 20 years. I've heard that it's changed a bit. ;)
2. I'm resuming Spanish classes at Language Central. Time to get off DuoLingo and get back to my textbook.
3. My porch office is nearly usable. I put in furnace vents sometime last year. The porch has big windows that fill all three outer walls. I'm looking forward to working out there when the snow is falling.
4. I'm in-between jobs right now and determined to make a go at starting my own business and creating several sources of income.
5. I'm debating between "abundance" and "wander" for my word of the year.
I'm going to carry this quote around with me for a little while and see where it takes me:
"Get busy with life's purpose, toss aside empty hopes,
get active in your own rescue
--if you care for yourself at all--
and do it while you can."
I believe it is good advise for us all. Cheers to the new year. Thank for coming around and reading what I've had to share!
Post a Comment
I blog because I believe words make worlds. Share with me your words so that I can better know your world.